Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Holiday Cheer / R.I.P. Brittany Murphy


What's up? I haven't blogged in a while. Truth is, I haven't felt like it. Not for any particular reason. I'm just a lazy piece of shit. Nevertheless, I don't want my blog to completely die out, so I write.

The Denver Broncos depress me. Time and time again. Ever since Elway left, this team has done nothing but choke when it matters. I'm one of those people who'd rather have my team be flat out awful than give me any kind of false hope. Routinely, the Broncos get off to hot starts, slow down toward the middle, and completely flame out in the end. This season, they're proving to be consistent in their inconsistency. Fuckers. Tired of this shit.

Brittany Murphy, of Clueless / 8 Mile fame, passed away this weekend from was is being reported as cardiac arrest. She was only 32 years old. Rest In Pace, Brittany.

This year has been filled with a seemingly endless amount of celebrity deaths. From the iconic Michael Jackson to popular TV pitchman, Billy Mays. As I get older, I think about my own mortality more often. Start calculating weird shit in my mind. For instance, at the age of 25, I figure I'll live at least two more 25-year periods. Did I even say that right? Fuck it. That's assuming I start taking my health seriously and shit. Which I don't. At all. Putting it into that kind of perspective, it makes me nervous as hell. I start thinking about what happens to you after you die and my stomach gets queasy. Then after I calm down, I realize that I need to make the most of the life I'm living. Life itself is such an incredible and improbable gift. I love living. If I had the option of living forever, I'd snatch that up with the quickness. I know its not natural - but that's what happens when people aren't made aware of the purpose of their lives. I blame God and his secrets. Saying that, I wish everybody out there a happy and safe holiday season. I hope you're out there doing something memorable and remarkable. Live it up.

By the way ladies - if you don't like giving blowjobs, don't offer. Nothing is worse than a reluctant blowjob. Well, there are worse things. Like AIDS and traffic. Not very many though!

No comments: