Tuesday, April 20, 2010

R.I.P. Guru


I haven't written much lately, but I definitely had to make my return to pay respects to Gifted Unlimited Rhymes Universal. One thing I can always appreciate about hiphop is a man who made his legacy without a gimmick, without a beef, without following trends, and without talking about shit that he didn't know. Guru was authentic. Guru was unique. Guru was real. Guru was gifted. I salute you, brother.

That Solar "letter" - I don't believe any of it for a second. I don't believe that Guru went out with that kind of hate in his heart for Primo. Was there relationship what it once was? Probably not. Do I believe Guru died holding a grudge? No. We never saw any real evidence of that. That's why I put a picture up of Gangstarr. Because that's Guru. That's his legacy. That's what we knew and loved about Guru. Not any projects with Solar.

Wherever you may be today, Keith Elam, I hope you've found peace. And I hope you've found paradise. May your spirit live on forever.

R.I.P.
-BRich

No comments: