Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Pray For Haiti


I was fully prepared to start this blog off with "unless you've been living under a rock." Then I realized how much of an insensitive piece of shit I am. It wasn't intentional. I promise. I do want to speak about this very tragic situation in Haiti though. I read today that it was the strongest quake in 200 years. Completely surreal. I cannot begin to imagine what the people of Haiti are going through. A country, that didn't have much to begin with, in utter shambles. It deeply pains me to see the carnage that occurred as a result of that earthquake.

If you're reading me and looking for ways to help, there's plenty of options. I'll list a few sites I've been reading that also have donation options.

Yele

World Vision

Samaritan's Purse

American Red Cross

Unicef

"If I wanted to do something, I began by believing that I could." - Emilio Estefan

No comments: