Thursday, September 24, 2009

Orlando Brings In Johnson and Almond For Camp


This is relatively old news that I never wrote about - but I feel obligated to since my squad signed em up. Actually, that's not the only reason. I'm pretty excited about Morris Almond coming to camp. These are the type of player I like to see show up. Young guys who may benefit from the right system and coaches. Coming out of Rice, he was viewed as a guy who could put the ball in the hoop from the inside and outside, could rebound well for his size, and knew how to draw contact. The main concern was that he had problems taking care of the ball. He didn't really pan out in Utah - but you put a shooter in a shooter's system, anything can happen. Linton Johnson III is a well traveled veteran who's made 8 stops in 5 years. His best year was the 05-06 season where he poured in 5.3 points and grabbed 4.3 board for the Hornets. While he may be solid on the end of the bench, he doesn't intrigue me much as Almond because he pretty much is what he is. While there's still some mystery about what Almond can do in this league. Nevertheless, I hope they both have good camps. They're just auditioning to sit on the end of the bench - but that role can be valuable over the span of 82 games.

Seriously...I hope Almond pans out.

No comments: