Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Rampage To Hang Em Up?


So, according to a blog he posted, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson has announced his retirement from mixed martial arts. In the blog entry, Ramp goes into details on how he felt he was manipulated and deceived by Dana White - and overall, just unappreciated by his former employee. His breaking points seems to have been recent events in which Rampage feels Dana tried to sabotage and mack a mockery of his future as an actor.

I like MMA - I'm still learning a lot about it. I have to say though, even in my limited time as a fan of the sport - this isn't the first time I've heard of Dana White being a selfish prick. You hear the stories enough, you start to believe them. Needless to say, if he does remain retired, happy trails to one of the sport's best and most entertaining fighters. I especially enjoyed when he made racist (you know its true) hicks mad after KO'ing their favorite fighters (I see you, Chuck). I have a feeling this isn't the last we've seen of him, but I can understand if it is. Peace, Page!

No comments: