Thursday, August 13, 2009

Budden Finally Gets It Right


In a previous post, I noted that I don't like Joe Budden. Well I don't. I think he's a fuckin goof. Saying that, I can put shit aside and enjoy the music if its good. And, much to my surprise, this motherfucker finally delivered on a released retail album. Joe's latest effort, Escape Route, is his best work to date. The work you expected when he dropped that dud the last time out. While not as conceptually rooted as Padded Room, this album is Joe really giving the fans (and non-fans) what they want to hear from him. A darker Budden, spitting dope lyrics, not relying on his punchlines as much, and finally getting production that's on par with his skill level. So if you haven't yet, check the album out. It's good work and I'd like to see your feedback too. Now if he'd stop acting like a faggot on the Innanetz, I might become a fan.

PS - I haven't been AMAZED by an album all year long. Waiting for that potential classic.

No comments: