Monday, August 31, 2009

Matched up...with Rashard Lewis?


So for the last week or so, Rashard Lewis has been having this contest on Twitter/Facebook. He's been asking random questions - the winners getting a spot in his fantasy football contest. The grand prize for winning this league is 4 autographed Orlando Magic jerseys. WHOA! Now I had been trying to answer these questions all week. Unsuccessfully, of course. Just always seemed to be somebody quicker to the draw. I pretty much gave up on being part of the league going into the weekend. Until the weekend was here. Yesterday, Shard was asking more questions for more spaces in the game. He had already done Rashard Lewis trivia, a look alike contest, among other things. This time, he was asking users to complete the lyrics from his Hyperize commercial. He said the first line from a verse, you e-mailed him the next line. I knew it was my opportunity to get in this thing. He throws a couple lyrics out, and like usual, I'm not quick enough. But I sensed a pattern. If he was doing the first line in every verse, I was just going to have an answer ready and hoped that it turned out to be a question he asked. Sure enough, I refresh his Twitter, and see the question I need to see. I click over to my e-mail with the quickness and send the e-mail I had prepared. I then wait. And wait. And wait. Finally, A new Tweet from Rashard. Dun dun dunnnnn. I look at it, and sure enough, he's typed the answer along with my name. I'm in this thing! Playing fantasy football in the cleverly named "Rushyard Lewis" league. Hopefully, I can bring home that grand prize. I'll settle for beating Rashard in our matchup. Just so I can tell my kids I beat a NBA player. *cough*

No comments: