Wednesday, October 14, 2009

R.I.P. Captain Lou Albano


I'd like to take a moment to recognize a pro wrestling LEGEND. Today, Captain Lou Albano died at the age of 76. For those who don't know, Albano was an iconic professional wrestler/manager who gained most of his notoriety in the 1980's boom period. He was a top tier manager when managing still meant something in wrestling. Some may also remember him as Cydni Lauper's father in the "Girls Just Want To Have Fun" video. Another notable project he was involved in was starring as Super Mario on the "Super Mario Bros. Super Show!" His fame would go on to subside a bit in the late 90's and 2000's, but he was still a very beloved figure in the wrestling community. Today, I've come across a lot of people who haven't cared much about wrestling in years, but do remember Captain Lou Albano. So I just want to say Rest In Peace to Captain Lou. You were a relevant piece of my childhood, and I'll never forget that.

R.I.P Cap

BTW, check out this feature on MTV.com

No comments: